Well I have sort of had a blog before, I didn't do a very good job of keeping up with it, I can't exactly promise that I will be good with this one either but I am going to try!! I decided I should start a blog to keep up with my daily thoughts and events, so here I go...
I have been looking for a teaching job for about 3 months now, and still have not found anything. I know God has a plan for everything so I am trying to stay positive and know that what ever his plan is that it will work out. However being human I want so badly to know what that plan is!! I keep hoping and praying everyday that I will hear back about a job interview, but as of yet I still have not heard anything! This makes me sad only because I truly LOVE teaching, it makes me so happy to educate children and to help better their lives. I went into Special Education because I was saddened by the way that I saw some children being treated in school. Just because a child has a special need does not in any way make them less important than any other child, yet sometimes in schools you see teachers treating these children badly because they can't be bothered with taking a little extra time to help these children. It makes me so sad and extremely mad!! But that's not to say that all teachers are that way, there are many many great teachers, it's just the ones that do act like that that I wish I could give a little come to Jesus meeting to! haha But anyways, sorry about my little rant there, just wanted to get that out! haha But really I am hoping that I might hear something soon, or that I will understand what God's plan is so that I will stop stressing out about not having a job!!
But on to a different topic, Charles and I have settled very nicely into our house here in Tulsa. I really haven't been a huge fan of Tulsa, mostly just because I miss all of my friends and family in Edmond, but the longer that we are here the more it is growing on me. I am actually making friends and becoming involved in activities, and it helps me not miss Edmond so much. Of course I still miss my friends and family but it makes it just a little bit easier! I am the Treasurer of SAA, which is the Student Advocate Association for Charles med school, kind of a great group for the wives and husbands of med students. It has been great getting involved because there are so many great people in this group, and it helps to be able to talk to people that know what its like to not see much of your spouse for a year because they are constantly studying! haha But I am very thankful to have this group, it gives me something to look forward to so that I am not just sitting around the house bored all the time! I think it has helped Charles and I's relationship too because I am not always nagging him about how I miss Edmond. But really I am soooo very thankful to have Charles in my life!! We have now been together for 6 1/2 years, but it seems like just yesterday that we were in our junior year of high school and he was flirting with me to make other guys jealous! haha That's what started it all, and I am so thankful everyday for my best friend and him conspiring to make my ex-boyfriend jealous because other wise I am not sure that Charles and I would have started dating! But God has a way of making things work out, and I am very thankful for it! Charles makes my world so much better and I cannot imagine life without him!! :) We have been on this journey of med school for a year now, and it has become less stressful since the beginning and I am thankful for that. 2nd year has so far been a little easier on him, which is very nice because I get to see him a little more than I did last year, which is always better!! Anyways, I think that is enough of my endless rambling for today! I am going to make it a point to try to update this as much as possible, so we will see how that goes! But for now I hope everyone has a great rest of the week and a wonderful weekend!! :)
Amber Wilson
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment